Sunday, October 29, 2006

Wish upon a falling star

I have always liked trying new things it terms of fitness........I have gymed for ages, I jog, I used to do aerobics and yoga, I have even done kick-boxing! Recently I rejoined Power Yoga classes after I ran into Divya who is a great Yoga Instructor. I have to admit I am crap at yoga or anything else that requires me to be flexible, but I absolutely love doing these classes. The classes are held on the terrace of a Beasant Nagar Apartment Building from where you can see the beach, the setting sun, the church, the temple and a typical chaotic scene of the city I have come to adore and call home. It is a great way to end a busy or not so busy day at work.
The other day we were ending the class with some breathing and relaxation excercises. Now the point of the excerices was to let your mind and body relax. The instructions were clear...try NOT to let your mind wander. So there we were lying on our mats facing the sky as the sun set and the stars started twinkling. As I stared at the dark sky, I noticed a falling star(Also called shooting star...& yes I googled it to see if they were the same!)...I don't think I've seen one before. Then of course I remembered you are to wish upon a falling star and though I don't believe in such things I decided to do so just in case! So my mind was racing....a successful career I thought to myself...but no that was too selfish.......a happy life....nah, too much of a cliche....I know that wishing to lose weight or pass an exam does not work(don't even ask), so I won't consider those. World Peace.....now that's not selfish and god knows we could do with that and maybe if there were enough of us wishing for it, who knows it might come true.....
To Divya.....I will try to not let my mind wander the next time.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have wished for a boat! :-)

Anonymous said...

Heyyy...lovin the posts man!! go for it!! Was laughing when i was reading the wishes...!!

Anonymous said...

i wish i dint have to work for a living, i wish i wasn't so good looking and world peace.
pmj - u have inspired me to start a blog too- munna's guide to the best biriyani's the world..think it will take off?

PMJohnson said...

I'm so technogically challenged...I' hadnt seen all your comments!! Thanks children!