Monday, November 06, 2006

And I did it my way

By always trying to 'be good' we miss the possibility of being 'great'.
I came across this recently and loved the line. To me it means by being good or doing something the 'right' way we limit ourselves. By sticking to the coventional way we miss the possibilities of a better or greater option. All it takes is a little courage to maybe take up that job you thought you were not confident of doing, or trying a new sport, or moving to another country.....or even as simple as ordering something different at a restaurant. I have been guilty a few times of sticking to the 'tried and tested' way of doing things, but have often been delighted when the unconventional way has worked out really well. I can give you a few examples but if you know me you would probably know them anyway!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite inspiring, and very true.

Anonymous said...

:) thats a good one..lost on the bureaucratic , red-tape society we live in huh?

Anonymous said...

Agree completely...but every time I'm on the edge of that cliff to uncertainity I just can't seem to be able to jump! The few times in my life I have managed to do things unconventionally its only because I got pushed off.

PMJohnson said...

Question - is'me' Anand or Munna???

Anonymous said...

i was wondering too. Munna cannot be this polite in 2 consecutive entries, and Anand is not an active participant in any blogs. I guess its Renie spelt with an me in the end or Rushme.

Anonymous said...

Goms posts as goms... not as me...

Anonymous said...

Who is anonymous?
Excuse me but I must congratulate myself on that pun.