I turned 26 on Sunday and it gave us a reason to celebrate and party. We went out to Zaras which is always a special place because that's where Mart and myself first met outside of work. Loads of my friends showed up from work, school, college and otherwise. It was good fun. The next day we went out for the brunch to The Park which is also a favourite of mine - we had our wedding reception here as we love the food here! In the evening a few of my friends had organsied for us to go to this orphanage that I have been meaning to go to. This was very special. The kids were really well behaved and I was really touched to see their happy faces wishing me Happy Birthday at the end of their meal. On Monday my team at work also had a surprise for me - we had a bit of celebration at work as well. So it was a good weekend on the whole and I got some good presents to top it all off.
So here are some special moments in particular:
1. My brother hugging me(he never hugs anyone!) and giving me a card in which he had said 'Thanks for everything and that I was the best'! We never say things like that in our family - we are not very expressive - so it made it really special.
2. Mart's gift which he went to great trouble getting(thanks Renie)! He really puts thought into his gifts and cards. The card had a cup of coffee on the front. This is the first thing I ask for when I wake up and I will bother Mart till it is made - yes, he makes the filter coffee at home!
3. Everyone showing up at Zaras - esp Anju(not because she reads the blog - but 'cause I don't see her as often).
4. Having Zac back in the country - yay! Well this is not only on my birthday, but otherwise as well!
4. The message on the cake from my team - it didn't say just Happy Birthday - it also said: 'You make a difference to the team' - that was very special.
5. Finally the kids in the orphanage and the smiles on their faces. In spite of their misfortune, those were some of the happiest smiles I've seen in awhile. They also insisted on feeding me biriyani!